Agriculture Extension and Training
Comment: Hilight women and youth agricultural extension programmes of the DOA. Women and youth are significant target groups in the sphere of agriculture globaly.
Institutes (Central & Provincial)
Vision To be engaged in a process of sustainable agricultural development that helps to induce socio-economic advancement in the Western Province. Mission To continue corporate attempts of government, non-government and private sector in the field of extension and training methodologies with agricultural operators of the base of sustainable agricultural development sphere that suits socio-economic-ecological conditions of the Western Province.
- Adoption of agro-technological development process to develop human resources and entrepreneurship.
- Contributions for poverty reduction and increasing gross domestic production of selected crops through productivity improvement.
- Execution of statues, acts and regulations that favour the improvement of environment friendly integrated agricultural practices.
- Implementation of corporate development attempts with government, non-government and private sector towards the development of commercial agriculture.
- advancement in productivity levels of urban and sub-urban agricultural production units.
- Utilization of media and target-group participation in the process of technology development.
- conducting persuasion work on agricultural entrepreneurship with youth, women, adult and schooling target groups.
- Developing vocational skills through training of vegetable/fruit/flower producers on post-harvest management.
- Presenting appropriate and simple implements (mechanization) in addressing the problem of labour shortage.
- Practicing productivity improvement integrated activities in low productivity lands.
- Implementing agricultural practices within the context of unified approach to raise nutrition, social and economic status of low-income earners.
- Raising farm economy through training/extension programmes and planing of appropriate cropping patterns.
- Effectuating agricultural laws and norms that help to reduce environmental damages along with the adoption of sustainable farming systems.
- Managing coordinated-programmes develop in association with private entrepreneurs on seed and planting material production and distribution.
- Employing organization's revenue improvement mechanisms and market coordination activities along with the introduction of technical methods to upgrade the production quality in the sphere of commercial agriculture.
- Working with urban and sub-urban target groups on effective resource management so as to attain better family nutrition and economic status.
- Communicating agricultural information and technological interventions through mass media.
- Building effective linkage between target groups and extension agents by the utilization of indigenous technical know-how through adaptability testing programmes.